Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Short Review: Performix Plasti Dip

The ORIGINAL. That is the standard whereby all are measured against. I hope I'm right in saying that Performix Plasti Dip is the original or the brand that made rubberized coating mainstream.

What I'm reviewing is the Plasti Dip where all try to use the name in search of rubberized coating, like Kleenex, Panadol, Xerox, Velcro and so on. I'm using Plasti Dip to Dip my faded plastic Registration Plate holder. Faded black plastic is basically black plastic that become grayish white.

I've gotten the spray can of matte black for RM65 at the local detailer that I go to wash my car (I should post some experience with that shop). It would cost around RM60 from KL. Consider the shipping cost, it's a steal as I'm testing one can.

Basically, I've just finished rubberized coating the registration plate holder, and will be spending the year viewing the long term resilience of dip.

According to the can, 4 coats of dip and drying time of 30 minutes in between would be sufficient. That's approximately half a can.

It smells and I had my air purifier in the room where I spray painted it. Maybe I should have done it in a well ventilated area.

It works well and I'll update after I've installed it onto the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment